How often have you had questions about business insurance, but have not had time to ask your insurance agent? You may just start and still have no business insurance for lawn care. As we have discovered through our research on this subject, no one knows better what their insurance needs are than their local insurance agent. The needs of each company are as unique as the services they provide. Each state will also have different insurance requirements for you.
Since these questions come up quite frequently, we decided to compile a list of the most common insurance questions asked by the owners of lawn care companies and found a friendly insurance agent to give us answers.
1. Q: How does an LCO determine which liability policy should be purchased? What percentage of LCO has the following coverage? $ 500,000.00, $ 1,000,000.00 or $ 2,000,000.00
Answer: Most of all have $ 2,000,000 difference in premium is between 1 and 2 million dollars in coverage.
2. Q: What is a reasonable fee for a $ 500,000.00 / $ 1,000,000 / $ 2,000,000 liability insurance policy?
Answer: Rates are based on the number of employees or sales. For an operation with 4 employees, an approximate premium would be $ 2,500.
3. Q: How much more on average is a liability policy for $ 10 million or $ 20 million in dollars, what percentage of LCO does this coverage have?
Answer: Most lawn care companies do not have these high limits.
4. Q: What is the average LCO deductible for liability and theft?
Answer: I recommend carrying deductibles of $ 1,000
5. Q: How does the size of an LCO's business affect its liability insurance needs?
Answer: The bigger the company, the better our capacity as insurance agents to market them and get credit for their insurance.
6. Q: Is it a good idea to get your business liability insurance through your homeowners insurance company? Why or why not?
Answer: No, it is better to have your liability insurance separately from their owners due to the limits on their owners.
7. Q: Does snow clearing affect your insurance needs? Then how?
Read more in my Lawn Care Business Blog
If you need free lawn care marketing material for your lawn care business, visit our site at We have hundreds of logos, brochures, hangers and free web templates for lawn care that you can download and use for your lawn care business. grass. We also have free commercial contracts for lawn care. Download also our trial version of Gopher Lawn Care Business Software. Gopher will help your commercial lawn care schedule and bill more customers in less time, which will allow you more time to grow or enjoy your life. Try the commercial Gopher Lawn Care software Visit the Gopher Lawn Care business forum
Video credits to TeamGopher YouTube channel