How have the new Strata Insurance laws affected?
The Jameson strata management series addresses the key changes that have entered into the new Australian strata scheme management legislation. These changes became effective as of November 30, 2016 and impact all those who live in or work in a strata building; including tenants, owners, real estate agents, builders and strata managers.
The key changes that will be discussed in this video include:
• The mandatory amount of contributions that your strata manager must obtain each year to submit to the strata committee
• The requirement that strata managers indicate their commission to be made from each insurance quote.
To see all the videos in the Jamesons Strata Management video series, see the links below.
1. What do you need to know about the new strata laws?
2. How has the role of the strata manager changed?
3. How do new laws deal with gifts and benefits?
4. What do I need to know about insurance in the strata?
5. What can be done to recover the levies for unpaid strata?
6. What changes have been made in the statutes of the strata?
7. How do the new laws affect pets in the strata?
8. How do the new laws affect smoking in the strata?
9. How do the new laws affect parking in the strata?
10. How has the role of tenants evolved?
11. How can owners deal with discarded property in a common property?
12. How do the new laws deal with short-term rental?
13. What changes have been made in the general meetings?
14. What do I need to know about the new collective sales process?
15. How do the new laws deal with renovations in strata?
16. How do new laws deal with development flaws?
17. How have the new laws affected strata insurance?
We are oriented to provide a style of transparent, honest and open communication. For more information on stratus management, contact Jamesons Strata Management at (02) 8969 3300.
Video credits to Jamesons Strata Management YouTube channel